Hooray! This is SO exciting, I just jumped up and down on the spot for a little bit on my way to work today to let it out a little bit. The lovely Imogen from A Peach A Day (a delicious cruelty free cosmetics blog!) has nominated me for a Liebster Award!
As far as I’m aware Liebster is a German word meaning ‘dearest’ and the award as such is passed on to bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. Hartelijk dank mijn vriend!
The rules for the Liebster award are the following:
- Every person who has been nominated has to say 11 random facts about him- or herself.
- You have to answer the 11 questions that the person who has nominated you has set up on her (or his) blog.
- You have to come up with 11 new questions for the people that you nominate.
- You need to choose and nominate 11 people who have less than 200 Bloglovin’followers and link them in your post.
- You have to go to their page and tell them you nominated them.
- You can’t nominate someone who has nominated you.
So, 11 facts about myself
- Cabbage is pretty much my favourite food. Not even joking it’s just magic. I pretty much love any vegetable, especially if it’s green though
- I have a dog (obv) called Astro (obv), Astro is short for Asterix. As in Asterix the Gaul! He was my Granny’s dog and she’d had him since my sister was born (1997) but when she got ill last year he came and moved in with us, to my delight and my mum’s horror (not really)
- I LOVE Lush, as you probably know. I have a job as a Christmas temp and I’m trying to balance it with sixth form work, housework etc buuut it’s pretty hard as Lush gets the priority in my mind
- In my spare time (pah, I have none) I like to cook and rollerskate, perhaps not at the same time
- I like zombies. That is, I love The Walking Dead, Zombieland and Shaun of The Dead are favourite films and when I plan what to wear for halloween I can rarely get beyond “A zombie…something..” (it’s nurse this year, and air hostess for a special halloween flight at Onboard)
- This summer I volunteered at Onboard Jurassic airlines. It’s a flight simulator designed to inform locals about the Jurassic coast now and in the past as well as how it was formed the way it is today. Now I’m something of a mesozoic nut and air hostessing nut
- I moonlight as a shopkeeper in a Vintage clothes shop when the real shopkeeps are ill/unavailable etc, where I love spending time and money when I’m not working
- I make and sell hair bows, solid perfumes and hopefully soon body scrubs! All made at home, cruelty free, vegan and using the nicest ingredients etc
- I am currently and have been for a long while in therapy for depression, which I don’t mind talking about. It doesn’t take up a huge part of my life and I try not to let it define me and to keep my ‘illness’ as separate as is possible from my professional and personal lives
- I speak English, French and Spanish and am currently struggling through ASlevels in the latter two
- and finally my breasts are named (not by me, but a friend a year ago and now I can’t think of them as anything else) Howard and Vince, after Vince Noir and Howard Moon of the Mighty Boosh
These are the 11 questions Imogen asked me:
1. If you were an animal what would you be? I would be a tortoise. I like the idea of living ages and sleeping through the winter in a lovely warm box!
2. Can you cook? If so, what is your favourite thing to make? I most certainly can. My favourite thing to make is probably mince pies. Anything Christmassy and with puff pastry is a winner
3. What is a hidden skill or talent you have? I’m secretly amazing at blocking out the sounds of The X Factor when my sister watches is *shudder*
4. Where is your favourite place in the whole entire world? This one is a close tie between Lush Exeter and my house. I’m not really a fan of ‘going out’ unless I’m very definitely going somewhere and I know where I’m going
5. Do you have a favourite author? If so, who? Probably Douglas Adams. Since reading The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Galaxy I haven’t read a book that made me feel the same sense of “THISISAMAZING”
6. What is the first lush product you ever tried (if you haven’t tried any, what is the product you’d most like to try first?) I think it was Godiva shampoo bar in 2007 or 8, I still love it to this day
7. What colour socks (if any) are you wearing today? I am wearing black wooly tights, I HATE socks with a burning passion
8. All time favourite movie/tv character? Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead, easily. He protects his ‘group’, he does the best for his family as well as kicking un-dead ass and he looks hot whilst doing it! What’s not to love?
9. “How do you like your eggs in the morning?” Boiled, with plenty of buttery soliders
10. Carnivore, vegetarian or vegan (or other!)? Vegetarian, with a slight lactose intolerance so I only eat very little dairy (:
11. What is your favourite shop? Oh come on, you know this one don’t you? Lush!
So there we are!
My eleven questions to nominees
- Who was the most influential figure to you when you were growing up?
- Are you a cat or a dog person? (or neither?!)
- What is your go-to comfort food?
- What made you start blogging?
- Marmite: do you love it or hate it?
- What is one thing that really gets on your wick?
- What are three items you always, always have in your hanbag, pocket or manbag (whatever floats your boat)?
- What are you favourite and least favourite vegetables?
- Nights out or nights in?
- What is your favourite type/bar of chocolate?
- When was the last time you wore glitter?
and my nominees are…………
http://theoxfordowl.wordpress.com/ The Oxford Owl!
http://playfulandhungry.com/ Playful and Hungry!
TAADAAA! Sorry, I don’t have any more people to nominate! I’ve not been blogging long so I haven’t spent a lot of time reading over writing.
EDIT: I have added a NEW and very deserving blog, that I didn’t know of until a few hours ago